The main goal of implementing a Knowledge Database in companies is to create a dynamic repository of shared files, where data, texts, procedures, policies, and other information are stored, centralizing knowledge and ideas, an organizing them in a coherent way, making access easier for users.
This software provides the following features:
- Modern and easy-to-use interface
- Collaborative tools and activities
- Immediate content update in text format
- Custom dashboard
- Online and offline accessibility
- Access control list
- Categorization and definition of table of contents
- Centralized knowledge
- Easy Access
- Reduced learning time and information search time
- Immediate content update
- No need for database
- Open code: can be integrated to other applications.
- Initial installation and configuration.
- New features programing.
- Staff training.
- New reports.
- New integrations to other systems.
Tools and Technologies:
DokuWiki is an easy Wiki system that complies with standards. It is oriented towards the creation of all types of documentation in development groups, work groups and small companies.
Its syntax is simple and powerful. It helps to create structured texts, and allows readability of files created, even outside the Wiki. All data is stored in plain text files, so it does not require a database.
It is an open source tool used to create wikis or knowledge base, written in PHP language, and originally used to create Wikipedia. It is currently used for non-profit projects like Wikimedia Foundation and websites such as MediaWiki. It supports various languages, and it is easy to use, install and edit. It is a simple and efficient tool to create and manage the databases your company needs.